Remedy 8 hits the sweet spot in all-mountain performance and value. A lightweight alloy frame, Shimano XT component spec and a premium RockShox suspension package make it the ideal ride for sendy bois who want a ridiculously fun bike for whipping around on ridiculously fun trails.
It's right for you if...
You like getting rowdy on rough trails. One or both of your wheels leave the ground often, and you want an alloy bike that's tough enough to handle whatever you throw at it. You don't shy away from gnarly trails. Your bike shouldn't either.
The tech you get
A light and tough aluminium frame with 150 mm of rear travel, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork with a plush DebonAir spring and Charger 2.1 RC damper that gives you more adjustment and control. Plus, a Shimano XT 12-speed drivetrain for super-smooth shifting that's easy on the thumb, leg-saving lower climbing gears, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels that come completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The final word
It's our highest-end aluminium Remedy. The beefy alloy frame, 27.5˝ wheels, and premium suspension make it the perfect ride to dish out and stand up to some serious abuse on the trail. If you're measuring your rides in rad per pound, you won't do better than Remedy 8.
Why you'll love it
- This is our best blend of performance and value in the Remedy family: an alloy frame with the same spec as much higher-end bikes makes this model a smokin' deal
- Shimano XT delivers smooth, precise shifting with just a light touch of the lever
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tyres
Watch the Video: Trek Remedy below...
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Select+, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC damper, tapered steerer, 46 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- RockShox Super Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5 mm
- Hub front:
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Hub rear:
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Skewer rear:
- Bontrager Switch thru axle, removable lever
- Bontrager Line 30, Tubeless Ready, 28-hole, Presta valve
- Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.50"
- Shimano XT M8100, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur:
- Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog
- Shimano MT611, 32T steel ring, alloy spider, Boost, 170 mm length/Shimano MT611, 30T steel ring, alloy spider, Boost, 170 mm length
- Shimano XT M8100, 10-51, 12-speed
- Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails, 138 mm width
- Size: S Bontrager Line Dropper, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 345 mm length/Size: M, M/L, L, XL Bontrager Line Dropper, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 440mm length
- Bontrager Line, alloy, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 820 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Pro, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 35 mm, 0-degree, 45 mm length
- Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, M6100 lever, M6120 calliper
- Brake rotor:
- Shimano RT66, 6-bolt, 180mm/Shimano RT66, 6-bolt, 203 mm
- Not included
- Please see above
- Please Note:
- Trek reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colours, materials and pricing.