Remedy 9.8 is long-travel trail bike built for serious sending with FOX's all-new 38 mm fork and trail-proven Float X shock. SRAM's latest GX Eagle drivetrain combined with carbon where it counts, like the wheels and frame, make this model fly like a bird both up and down the mountain.
It's right for you if...
You're an all-mountain junkie who lives for the fun only a long-travel trail bike can deliver. You love carving descents and throwing down style on new lines, and you want the best 27.5" bike you can get.
The tech you get
A lightweight full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a FOX Performance 38 Float 160 mm fork, and 150 mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Elite Float X shock that offers loads of adjustability and tuning options. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with leg-saving lower climbing gears, Bontrager Line Elite 30 carbon wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant, powerful 4-piston brakes, a carbon handlebar and a Bontrager Line Elite dropper.
The final word
Remedy 9.8 is a carbon long travel bike with amazing suspension and a solid parts group that's light enough to stay quick on climbs. It's a perfect all-around trail bike for riders who love smashing berms and post-ride beers.
Why you'll love it
- The Remedy 9.8 ploughs through the gnarly stuff, but still likes getting loose on jumps and berms
- You’ll fade before the Fox Performance Elite Float X shock does – it's built to help you squeeze the most out of long, gnarly descents
- The FOX Performance 38 fork's stiffer stanchions help you stay on your line through chunky descents, while the GRIP2 damper lets you dial in the feel
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- Wider is more stable: Remedy has clearance for up to 27.5x2.8˝ tyres
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 150 mm travel
- Fox Performance 38, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP damper, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Kabolt axle, 160 mm travel
- Fox Performance Elite Float X, 2-position damper, open-mode adjustment, 230 mm x 57.5 mm
- Wheel front:
- Bontrager Line Elite 30, OCLV Mountain Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Wheel rear:
- Bontrager Line Elite 30, OCLV Mountain Carbon, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, SRAM XD driver, Boost 148, 12 mm thru axle
- Hub front:
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, 6-bolt, 108T Rapid Drive, SRAM XD driver, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- Bontrager Line Elite 30, Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.50"
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur:
- SRAM GX Eagle
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- SRAM Eagle XG-1275, 10-52, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138 mm width
- Size: S Bontrager Line Elite, 100 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 340 mm length Size: M, M/L Bontrager Line Elite, 150 mm travel, MaxFlow, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 440 mm length Size: L, XL Bontrager Line Elite, 170 mm travel, MaxFlo
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 820mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Pro, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, Blendr-compatible, 0-degree, 45 mm length
- SRAM Code R 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Brake rotor:
- Size: S, M, M/L, L, XL SRAM CenterLine, 6-bolt, round edge, 180 mm Size: S, M, M/L, L, XL SRAM CenterLine, 6-bolt, round edge, 200 mm
- Not included
- Please see above
- Please Note:
- Trek reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colours, materials and pricing.